- 1 Is Sri Lanka good to visit in April?
- 2 What is there to do in Sri Lanka in April?
- 3 Does it rain in Sri Lanka in April?
- 4 What is the best season to visit Sri Lanka?
- 5 Is Sri Lanka cheaper than Thailand?
- 6 Is Colombo worth visiting?
- 7 What is the famous food in Sri Lanka?
- 8 Which part of Sri Lanka is the best?
- 9 What Sri Lanka famous for?
- 10 Is it cheap in Sri Lanka?
- 11 How many days do I need in Sri Lanka?
- 12 Is visa required for Sri Lanka?
- 13 What is the coldest month in Sri Lanka?
- 14 What is the summer season in Sri Lanka?
- 15 What is the rainy season in Sri Lanka?
Is Sri Lanka good to visit in April?
April overview April is certainly amongst the best months for travel in Sri Lanka, when considering the overall country-wide picture. Although as May approaches the west and southern coasts, as well as the more central Tea Country region, will start to experience a steep increase in rainfall.
What is there to do in Sri Lanka in April?
12 of the best things to do in Sri Lanka
- Climb Sigiriya.
- Get up close to wild elephants in a National Park.
- Visit a tea empire in Nuwara Eliya.
- Relax on the beaches of Arugam Bay.
- Spot leopards in Yala National Park.
- Discover untouched islands.
- Have a close encounter with whales.
- Take time to explore the city of Kandy.
Does it rain in Sri Lanka in April?
The main southwest (“Yala”) monsoon brings rain to the west and southwest coasts and the hill country from April or May to September and is wettest from April to June. The less severe northeast (“Maha”) monsoon hits the east coast from November to March and is wettest from November to December.
What is the best season to visit Sri Lanka?
Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts as well as the Cultural Triangle is between December and April, while on the east coast the climate is at its finest from May through to October.
Is Sri Lanka cheaper than Thailand?
Sri Lanka is 45.2% cheaper than Thailand.
Is Colombo worth visiting?
Colombo is well worth a visit for a day or two if you are heading to Sri Lanka, although I must admit that it is not the highlight of Sri Lanka in our opinion.
What is the famous food in Sri Lanka?
12 foods you should try in Sri Lanka — from sour fish curry to coconut relish
- Fish ambul thiyal (sour fish curry)
- Kottu (also, kottu roti)
- Kukul mas curry (chicken curry)
- Parippu (dhal curry)
- Hoppers (appa or appam)
- Polos (green jackfruit curry)
- Wambatu moju (eggplant/brinjals pickle)
Which part of Sri Lanka is the best?
Best area to stay in Sri Lanka
- Colombo: the capital of Sri Lanka and where you will most probably land.
- Galle and Matara: probably the most touristic part of Sri Lanka and for a good reason.
- Arugam Bay: on the east-south coast, the surfing place to be in Sri Lanka.
- Kandy: right in the centre.
What Sri Lanka famous for?
Apart from being a large tea producer, Sri Lanka is famous for its cinnamon, an indispensable ingredient for many of its fabulous food. It is said to have originated from the teardrop nation and first found by the Egyptians in 2000 BC. Today, Sri Lanka is still a leading exporter of the world’s cinnamon.
Is it cheap in Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka Budget: Per day breakdown As you can see, Sri Lanka is very affordable – not as cheap as India, but you can get by on an average $30 a day, if you stay in budget accommodation and don’t take expensive tours every day.
How many days do I need in Sri Lanka?
When it comes to how long to spend in Sri Lanka, I generally advocate a duration of about two weeks. Depending on what the weather is doing during your trip, this can allow you to follow a trajectory that looks something like this: 1-2 days in Colombo. 1-2 days in Kandy.
Is visa required for Sri Lanka?
Travellers intending to visit Sri Lanka must have a valid visa issued by Department of Immigration & Emigration, Colombo, Sri Lanka. A Sri Lanka ETA is a complete online process and the approval for the same will be communicated via email.
What is the coldest month in Sri Lanka?
The coldest month with respect to mean monthly temperature is generally January, and the warmest months are April and August. The mean annual temperature varies from 27°C in the coastal lowlands to 16°C at NuwaraEliya, in the central highlands (1900m above mean sea level).
What is the summer season in Sri Lanka?
The best beach conditions in the SUMMER SEASON ( May – October ) can be found on Sri Lanka’s East Coast and on the West/South Coast during the WINTER SEASON (October – May). The ideal time to visit the The Hill Country & Cultural Triangle is December – April.
What is the rainy season in Sri Lanka?
The south-western monsoon brings rain to the south-west of Sri Lanka between May and September, while the dry season in this region runs from December to March.