- 1 What is the best area to stay in Colombo?
- 2 What is the best area to stay in Sri Lanka?
- 3 Is it worth staying in Colombo?
- 4 Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
- 5 Is Sri Lanka cheaper than Thailand?
- 6 Is Colombo safe?
- 7 What should I not miss in Sri Lanka?
- 8 Is it cheap in Sri Lanka?
- 9 What is the rainy season in Sri Lanka?
- 10 How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Sri Lanka?
- 11 How many days are enough for Sri Lanka?
- 12 What is the best month to visit Sri Lanka?
- 13 What is the coolest place in Sri Lanka?
- 14 Does Colombo have a beach?
- 15 Is visa required for Sri Lanka?
What is the best area to stay in Colombo?
One of the best areas to stay in Colombo is the Kollupitiya neighbourhood. This area has undergone recent changes, transforming from an area predominantly known for its colonial brewery, to what is now one of the most important commercial neighbourhoods in Colombo, full of restaurants, hotels, shops and street venders.
What is the best area to stay in Sri Lanka?
Best area to stay in Sri Lanka
- Colombo: the capital of Sri Lanka and where you will most probably land.
- Galle and Matara: probably the most touristic part of Sri Lanka and for a good reason.
- Arugam Bay: on the east-south coast, the surfing place to be in Sri Lanka.
- Kandy: right in the centre.
Is it worth staying in Colombo?
Colombo is well worth a visit for a day or two if you are heading to Sri Lanka, although I must admit that it is not the highlight of Sri Lanka in our opinion.
Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
The south coast is one of Sri Lanka’s most rewarding areas to visit. Representing the island in microcosm, the region offers gorgeous beaches, colonial towns, and superb wildlife parks, as well as a host of Buddhist shrines and temples.
Is Sri Lanka cheaper than Thailand?
Sri Lanka is 45.2% cheaper than Thailand.
Is Colombo safe?
Colombo is generally considered a fairly safe city. However, problems with corruption and bribery, petty thefts and robberies are still a problem here. In recent years, the situation has even worsened. But this does not stop travelers from coming here to enjoy the local flavor.
What should I not miss in Sri Lanka?
10 Things Not to Miss in Sri Lanka
- Celebrate Sri Lankan culture in Colombo.
- Climb to the top of Adam’s Peak.
- Soak up the history in Galle.
- Check out the ruins at Sigiriya.
- Chill out on Bentota’s beaches.
- Browse the spice bazaars in Pettah.
- Tour the ruined cities of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa.
Is it cheap in Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka Budget: Per day breakdown As you can see, Sri Lanka is very affordable – not as cheap as India, but you can get by on an average $30 a day, if you stay in budget accommodation and don’t take expensive tours every day.
What is the rainy season in Sri Lanka?
The south-western monsoon brings rain to the south-west of Sri Lanka between May and September, while the dry season in this region runs from December to March.
How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Sri Lanka?
A vacation to Sri Lanka for one week usually costs around LKR46,888 for one person. So, a trip to Sri Lanka for two people costs around LKR93,776 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs LKR187,551 in Sri Lanka.
How many days are enough for Sri Lanka?
When it comes to how long to spend in Sri Lanka, I generally advocate a duration of about two weeks. Depending on what the weather is doing during your trip, this can allow you to follow a trajectory that looks something like this: 1-2 days in Colombo. 1-2 days in Kandy.
What is the best month to visit Sri Lanka?
Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts as well as the Cultural Triangle is between December and April, while on the east coast the climate is at its finest from May through to October.
What is the coolest place in Sri Lanka?
14 Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka
- Colombo. Seema Malaka Temple, Beira Lake, Colombo.
- Kandy. Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Kandy.
- Udawalawe National Park. Family of elephants in Udawalawe National Park.
- Galle. Aerial view of Galle Fort.
- Hikkaduwa Beach.
- Galle Face Green.
- Yala National Park.
Does Colombo have a beach?
Colombo has a lot of beautiful attractions in and around offer its visitors, Beaches near colombo is one among those. Soft golden sands, shimmering waters, Palm trees lined-up will surely make the sc (Read More) Also, one can find enthralling watersports such as diving, surfing, Snorkelling, Parasailing and much more.
Is visa required for Sri Lanka?
Travellers intending to visit Sri Lanka must have a valid visa issued by Department of Immigration & Emigration, Colombo, Sri Lanka. A Sri Lanka ETA is a complete online process and the approval for the same will be communicated via email.