- 1 What should I avoid in Sri Lanka?
- 2 What are the main attractions that motivate tourist to visit Sri Lanka?
- 3 What can you see in Sri Lanka in 3 days?
- 4 Do and don’ts in Sri Lanka?
- 5 What is the best month to visit Sri Lanka?
- 6 Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
- 7 Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
- 8 Is Sri Lanka cleaner than India?
- 9 What is the famous food in Sri Lanka?
- 10 Why Sri Lanka is not part of India?
- 11 What can you buy from Sri Lanka?
What should I avoid in Sri Lanka?
13 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Sri Lanka, Ever
- Don’t disrespect religion.
- Don’t turn your back on a Buddha statue.
- Don’t compare Sri Lanka to India.
- Don’t get carried away in public.
- Don’t take snaps without asking first.
- Don’t try to check into a hotel with no beds.
- Don’t take ‘no’ for an answer.
What are the main attractions that motivate tourist to visit Sri Lanka?
The small and stunning island nation south of India is filled with ancient ruins, rolling hillsides, Buddhist temples, and impressive wildlife. 10 Attractions You Can’t Miss in Sri Lanka
- Adam’s Peak.
- Udawalawe National Park.
- Bentota Beach.
- Independence Memorial Hall.
- Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara.
- Dambulla Cave Temple.
What can you see in Sri Lanka in 3 days?
Sri Lanka 3 Days Trip Package
- Visit the exotic Temple Of The Tooth Relic and take some blessings.
- Soak in the natural beauty as you explore lush tea estates of Sri Lanka.
- Elephants of Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage taking bath in the river.
- Pay a visit to the ancient Temple of the Tooth Relic on your Sri Lanka holiday.
Do and don’ts in Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka Travel Dos and Don’ts
- DO Try to master the local head-wobble.
- DON’T Photograph the soldiers.
- DO Keep a handkerchief in your pocket.
- DON’T Overestimate your spicy-food capacity.
- DO Take three-wheelers as much as possible.
- DON’T Underestimate the power of wildlife.
- DO Try the tea.
- DON’T Just travel the south.
What is the best month to visit Sri Lanka?
Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts as well as the Cultural Triangle is between December and April, while on the east coast the climate is at its finest from May through to October.
Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
The south coast is one of Sri Lanka’s most rewarding areas to visit. Representing the island in microcosm, the region offers gorgeous beaches, colonial towns, and superb wildlife parks, as well as a host of Buddhist shrines and temples.
Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
Other than the ban of selling alcohol on religious days and the ban of using alcohol / cigarettes on streets, parks, and other public spaces there are no restrictions to alcohol consumption in Sri Lanka.
Is Sri Lanka cleaner than India?
3. Sri Lanka is cleaner and has a smaller population. Aside from the fact that there are 1 billion people in India, and 24 million in Sri Lanka, Sri Lankans take pride in their pearl island home. Sri Lanka has less wealth and natural resources than India, but the streets, cities and country side are so much cleaner.
What is the famous food in Sri Lanka?
12 foods you should try in Sri Lanka — from sour fish curry to coconut relish
- Fish ambul thiyal (sour fish curry)
- Kottu (also, kottu roti)
- Kukul mas curry (chicken curry)
- Parippu (dhal curry)
- Hoppers (appa or appam)
- Polos (green jackfruit curry)
- Wambatu moju (eggplant/brinjals pickle)
Why Sri Lanka is not part of India?
Sri Lanka was a separate crown colony from the British Raj since the end of the 18th century. Sri Lanka and Burma became seperately independent from India because they had become separate colonies.
What can you buy from Sri Lanka?
Top 11 things to buy in Sri Lanka (besides elephant themed items)
- Tea. Sri Lanka, or Ceylon as it was once called, is one of the world’s major tea producing countries.
- Traditional masks.
- Coconut shell kitchen utensils.
- Batik items.
- Gems and jewellery.
- Ayurvedic products.
- Sarees and sarongs.