- 1 Do American citizens need visa for Sri Lanka?
- 2 How can I get entry permission to Sri Lanka?
- 3 Can I get a visa upon arrival in Sri Lanka?
- 4 Is visa required for Sri Lanka?
- 5 How long does Sri Lanka ETA take to process?
- 6 How long does it take to get a Sri Lanka tourist visa?
- 7 How do I get a work visa for Sri Lanka?
- 8 What is the best time of year to visit Sri Lanka?
- 9 What is meant by visa on arrival?
- 10 How expensive is Sri Lanka?
- 11 Which countries get visa on arrival in Sri Lanka?
Do American citizens need visa for Sri Lanka?
U.S. citizens visiting Sri Lanka must have either an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) or a visa to enter Sri Lanka. This travel authorization allows entry for up 30 days.
How can I get entry permission to Sri Lanka?
All visitors who have permission to travel to Sri Lanka must apply online for an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) to enter Sri Lanka. Further information on eligibility is available on the Department of Immigration and Emigration website. Visitors can apply for an ETA on the ETA website.
Can I get a visa upon arrival in Sri Lanka?
The visa on arrival for Sri Lanka is a short stay visa that travelers receive at their port of entry to the country. Visas on arrival are granted if the purpose of the traveler’s visit to Sri Lanka is either tourism or business. Seychellois visitors receive visas on arrival that allow them to stay up to 60 days.
Is visa required for Sri Lanka?
Travellers intending to visit Sri Lanka must have a valid visa issued by Department of Immigration & Emigration, Colombo, Sri Lanka. A Sri Lanka ETA is a complete online process and the approval for the same will be communicated via email.
How long does Sri Lanka ETA take to process?
Once the application is submitted, an acknowledgement with a reference number will be sent to you. Within 24 hours you will receive ETA approval notice. Upon successful processing, the ETA or the short stay visa will be issued within 3 business days.
How long does it take to get a Sri Lanka tourist visa?
Standard processing – Your ETA application is processed within 5 days, and the price is USD 40.00 (service fees included). Rush processing – You will receive your ETA within 3 days, and the total price of it is USD 70.00 (service fees included). Super rush processing – This is the fastest option.
How do I get a work visa for Sri Lanka?
What Are the Requirements to Get a Sri Lankan Working Visa?
- A letter from the applicant’s employer in Sri Lanka.
- A Board of Investment (BOI) certificate for the employer in Sri Lanka.
- A copy of the bio-data page of the applicant’s passport.
- A company registration certificate.
What is the best time of year to visit Sri Lanka?
Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts as well as the Cultural Triangle is between December and April, while on the east coast the climate is at its finest from May through to October.
What is meant by visa on arrival?
Visa on arrival refers to a visa that is issued to travellers when they arrive at the port of entry of their destination country. These entry permits are documents that allow foreigners to enter and stay in the country legally for a certain period of time.
How expensive is Sri Lanka?
A vacation to Sri Lanka for one week usually costs around LKR46,888 for one person. So, a trip to Sri Lanka for two people costs around LKR93,776 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs LKR187,551 in Sri Lanka.
Which countries get visa on arrival in Sri Lanka?
37 Visa-Free Countries for Sri Lankan Passports
- Bahamas – No visa required for first 3 months.
- Barbados – No visa required for first 6 months.
- Bolivia – Visa on arrival for 90 days.
- Burundi – Visa on arrival for 90 days.
- Cape Verde – Visa on arrival.
- Comoros – Visa on arrival.
- Djibouti – Visa on arrival.