- 1 Is December a good time to visit Sri Lanka?
- 2 Is Sri Lanka good in December?
- 3 What is the best area to stay in Sri Lanka?
- 4 Is Sri Lanka crowded in December?
- 5 What is the coldest month in Sri Lanka?
- 6 Is Sri Lanka expensive?
- 7 How hot is Sri Lanka in December?
- 8 How many days do I need in Sri Lanka?
- 9 What is the tourist season in Sri Lanka?
- 10 What should I not miss in Sri Lanka?
- 11 Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
- 12 What is the rainy season in Sri Lanka?
- 13 What should I visit in December?
- 14 What is the official language of Sri Lanka?
- 15 How do Sri Lanka celebrate Christmas?
Is December a good time to visit Sri Lanka?
Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts as well as the Cultural Triangle is between December and April, while on the east coast the climate is at its finest from May through to October.
Is Sri Lanka good in December?
December overview December is an excellent time of year to visit Sri Lanka’s western and southern coasts, and hill country as the rainfall brought in by the south-west monsoon is replaced by blue skies and sunshine. In contrast, the north and east experience frequent rainfall at this time of year.
What is the best area to stay in Sri Lanka?
Best area to stay in Sri Lanka
- Colombo: the capital of Sri Lanka and where you will most probably land.
- Galle and Matara: probably the most touristic part of Sri Lanka and for a good reason.
- Arugam Bay: on the east-south coast, the surfing place to be in Sri Lanka.
- Kandy: right in the centre.
Is Sri Lanka crowded in December?
Weather in Sri Lanka in December Weather in Sri Lanka is constant all round the year as it is close to the equator. Also Sri Lanka has very less crowd during this time.
What is the coldest month in Sri Lanka?
The coldest month with respect to mean monthly temperature is generally January, and the warmest months are April and August. The mean annual temperature varies from 27°C in the coastal lowlands to 16°C at NuwaraEliya, in the central highlands (1900m above mean sea level).
Is Sri Lanka expensive?
If you’re on a budget, Sri Lanka can still be fairly inexpensive, so long as you stick to using local transport and staying in cheap guesthouses – you can still travel by bus from one end of the island to the other for around $25, get a filling meal at local cafés for a couple of dollars, and find a decent double room
How hot is Sri Lanka in December?
In December, Colombo experiences highs of around 88°F and lows of 75°F, with a few days of rain during the month. Temperatures in Kandy are slightly cooler, with highs around 82°F. In tea country, the weather tends to be damp and much colder than the rest of the island year-round.
How many days do I need in Sri Lanka?
When it comes to how long to spend in Sri Lanka, I generally advocate a duration of about two weeks. Depending on what the weather is doing during your trip, this can allow you to follow a trajectory that looks something like this: 1-2 days in Colombo. 1-2 days in Kandy.
What is the tourist season in Sri Lanka?
The best season to visit the west, south and Hill Country is during winter, from December to March. This is consequently the most touristic season in Sri Lanka. The southwest monsoon goes from May to September in these areas. During this period, a lot of rain is expected and the sea is rough.
What should I not miss in Sri Lanka?
10 Things Not to Miss in Sri Lanka
- Celebrate Sri Lankan culture in Colombo.
- Climb to the top of Adam’s Peak.
- Soak up the history in Galle.
- Check out the ruins at Sigiriya.
- Chill out on Bentota’s beaches.
- Browse the spice bazaars in Pettah.
- Tour the ruined cities of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa.
Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
The south coast is one of Sri Lanka’s most rewarding areas to visit. Representing the island in microcosm, the region offers gorgeous beaches, colonial towns, and superb wildlife parks, as well as a host of Buddhist shrines and temples.
What is the rainy season in Sri Lanka?
The south-western monsoon brings rain to the south-west of Sri Lanka between May and September, while the dry season in this region runs from December to March.
What should I visit in December?
Best Places to Visit in December
- Rio de Janeiro.
- Hawaii – The Big Island.
- Torres del Paine National Park.
- Quebec City.
- Park City.
What is the official language of Sri Lanka?
The 13th Amendment in 1987 to Article 18 of the 1978 Constitution stated that “the official language of Sri Lanka is Sinhala ” while “Tamil shall also be an official language,” with English as a “link language.” While this recognized both Sinhala and Tamil as official languages, the wording was still contentious, as
How do Sri Lanka celebrate Christmas?
Although Sri Lanka is a mostly Buddhist country (only 7% of people are Christians) Christmas is celebrated as a public holiday by everyone. The streets are decorated and the shopping centers have large Christmas Trees in them. Big companies have Christmas parties and large hotels have Christmas dinner dances.