- 1 What language is mostly spoken in Sri Lanka?
- 2 Is English official language in Sri Lanka?
- 3 What is the main religion in Sri Lanka?
- 4 What is hello in Sri Lanka?
- 5 Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
- 6 Is Sinhala similar to Tamil?
- 7 Is Sri Lanka a clean country?
- 8 Is Sri Lanka poor?
- 9 What called to Tamil natives of Sri Lanka?
- 10 Is it safe in Sri Lanka?
- 11 Does Sri Lanka speak Hindi?
- 12 What is the currency of Sri Lanka called?
What language is mostly spoken in Sri Lanka?
Sinhala and Tamil are the official languages of Sri Lanka. Sinhala is widely spoken in the southern, western and central parts of the island, while Tamil is almost exclusively spoken in northern and eastern parts of the island.
Is English official language in Sri Lanka?
Official Language. (1) The Official Language of Sri Lanka shall be Sinhala. (2) Tamil shall also be an official language. (3) English shall be the link language.
What is the main religion in Sri Lanka?
Buddhism is the largest religion of Sri Lanka with 70.2% of the population practicing the religion; then, there are Hindus with 12.6%; Muslims with 9.7% and Christians with 7.4%. The census indicates that most Muslims are Sunni while the Christians are mainly Roman Catholic.
What is hello in Sri Lanka?
Hello – “ Ayubowan” Aayu-bo-wan.
Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
Other than the ban of selling alcohol on religious days and the ban of using alcohol / cigarettes on streets, parks, and other public spaces there are no restrictions to alcohol consumption in Sri Lanka.
Is Sinhala similar to Tamil?
Sinhala is classified as an Indo-Aryan language and Tamil is classified as a Dravidian language. Close interaction with the Tamil language and the assimilation of Tamils into Sinhalese society contributed to the adoption of several Tamil origin words into the Sinhalese language.
Is Sri Lanka a clean country?
3. Sri Lanka is cleaner and has a smaller population. Aside from the fact that there are 1 billion people in India, and 24 million in Sri Lanka, Sri Lankans take pride in their pearl island home. Sri Lanka has less wealth and natural resources than India, but the streets, cities and country side are so much cleaner.
Is Sri Lanka poor?
In terms of World Bank estimates of per capita GDP Sri Lanka is a poor country indeed: twenty-fifth from the bottom of their list of 125 countries. Income distribution is considerably less unequal than in most developing countries.
What called to Tamil natives of Sri Lanka?
Sri Lankan Tamils.
Is it safe in Sri Lanka?
You could encounter violent crime in Sri Lanka, including sexual assault and robbery. Pickpocketing, bag snatching and other petty crime are risks. Be careful of theft in crowds, and in these locations: markets.
Does Sri Lanka speak Hindi?
For a moment, I was wondering whether I was in Sri Lanka or whether the Indians have taken over the country. Sri Lankans — almost 99 percent — do not speak or understand Hindi, although our closest neighbour is India.
What is the currency of Sri Lanka called?
Sri Lankan rupee