- 1 Does Sri Lanka have a high suicide rate?
- 2 What is the highest country for suicide?
- 3 Why is Lithuania’s death rate so high?
- 4 What age group is most suicidal?
- 5 What are the top 15 causes for death in the USA?
- 6 Why do Lithuanians not smile?
- 7 Which country has the shortest life expectancy 2019?
- 8 What is the lowest life expectancy in the world?
Does Sri Lanka have a high suicide rate?
The latest statistics for Sri Lanka show a suicide rate of 15 per 100,000.
What is the highest country for suicide?
Here are the 10 countries with the highest rates of suicide:
- South Korea (28.6 per 100k people)
- Kiribati (28.3 per 100k people)
- Micronesia (28.2 per 100k people)
- Lithuania (26.1 per 100k people)
- Suriname (25.4 per 100k people)
- Russia (25.1 per 100k people)
- South Africa (23.5 per 100k people)
Why is Lithuania’s death rate so high?
Looking at trends in more specific causes of death, ischaemic heart diseases and stroke remain the top two causes of death in Lithuania (Figure 3), with mortality rates four and two times above the EU average respectively. Lung cancer is now the third leading cause of death, a legacy of high smoking rates.
What age group is most suicidal?
The NVDRS 2015 data showed that, among men of all races, men over 65 were the most likely to die of suicides (27.67 suicides per 100,000), closely followed by men 40–64 (27.10 suicides per 100,000). Men 20–39 (23.41 per 100,000) and 15–19 (13.81 per 100,000) were less likely to die of suicides.
What are the top 15 causes for death in the USA?
Leading Causes of Death
- Heart disease: 659,041.
- Cancer: 599,601.
- Accidents (unintentional injuries): 173,040.
- Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 156,979.
- Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 150,005.
- Alzheimer’s disease: 121,499.
- Diabetes: 87,647.
- Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 51,565.
Why do Lithuanians not smile?
Lithuanians don’t smile… Well, at least not for no reason. It might have something to do with the lack of sun or constant rain and cold, but you will rarely see a person smiling on the street (or anywhere, really).
Which country has the shortest life expectancy 2019?
in 2019 the country with the lowest life expectancy is the Central African Republic with 53 years, in Japan life expectancy is 30 years longer.
What is the lowest life expectancy in the world?
Countries with the lowest life expectancy 2019 The countries with the lowest life expectancy worldwide include the Central African Republic, Chad, and Lesotho. As of 2019, people born in the Central African Republic could be expected to live only up to 53 years. This is 20 years shorter than the global life expectancy.