- 1 Which part of Sri Lanka is the best?
- 2 What is the most important place in Sri Lanka?
- 3 Which side of Sri Lanka has the best beaches?
- 4 Which is the best month to visit Sri Lanka?
- 5 How many days do I need in Sri Lanka?
- 6 What is the coolest place in Sri Lanka?
- 7 What is the famous food in Sri Lanka?
- 8 What is special in Sri Lanka?
- 9 Are there sharks in Sri Lanka waters?
- 10 Can you swim in the sea in Sri Lanka?
- 11 Is Sri Lanka expensive?
- 12 What is the coldest month in Sri Lanka?
- 13 What is the tourist season in Sri Lanka?
- 14 Does it rain a lot in Sri Lanka?
Which part of Sri Lanka is the best?
Best area to stay in Sri Lanka
- Colombo: the capital of Sri Lanka and where you will most probably land.
- Galle and Matara: probably the most touristic part of Sri Lanka and for a good reason.
- Arugam Bay: on the east-south coast, the surfing place to be in Sri Lanka.
- Kandy: right in the centre.
What is the most important place in Sri Lanka?
Adam’s Peak – Most Famous Pilgrimage Site In Sri Lanka! Also called the sacred footprint, the Buddhists believe that it is the footprint of Lord Buddha, the Hindus as that of Shiva, the Muslims as Adam’s, and the Christians as that of St.
Which side of Sri Lanka has the best beaches?
The south coast is one of Sri Lanka’s most rewarding areas to visit. Representing the island in microcosm, the region offers gorgeous beaches, colonial towns, and superb wildlife parks, as well as a host of Buddhist shrines and temples.
Which is the best month to visit Sri Lanka?
Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts as well as the Cultural Triangle is between December and April, while on the east coast the climate is at its finest from May through to October.
How many days do I need in Sri Lanka?
When it comes to how long to spend in Sri Lanka, I generally advocate a duration of about two weeks. Depending on what the weather is doing during your trip, this can allow you to follow a trajectory that looks something like this: 1-2 days in Colombo. 1-2 days in Kandy.
What is the coolest place in Sri Lanka?
14 Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka
- Colombo. Seema Malaka Temple, Beira Lake, Colombo.
- Kandy. Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Kandy.
- Udawalawe National Park. Family of elephants in Udawalawe National Park.
- Galle. Aerial view of Galle Fort.
- Hikkaduwa Beach.
- Galle Face Green.
- Yala National Park.
What is the famous food in Sri Lanka?
12 foods you should try in Sri Lanka — from sour fish curry to coconut relish
- Fish ambul thiyal (sour fish curry)
- Kottu (also, kottu roti)
- Kukul mas curry (chicken curry)
- Parippu (dhal curry)
- Hoppers (appa or appam)
- Polos (green jackfruit curry)
- Wambatu moju (eggplant/brinjals pickle)
What is special in Sri Lanka?
10 Unique Facts About Sri Lanka
- 1 – Pearl of the Indian Ocean & Teardrop of India. Sri Lanka has two names that it’s also known as.
- 2 – The Sri Lankan head “waggle”
- 3 – Sri Lankan national sport.
- 4 – Sri Lanka’s largest export?
- 5 – Adam’s Peak.
- 6 – Hydropower.
- 7 – Cinnamon’s origins.
- 8 – Universities.
Are there sharks in Sri Lanka waters?
Among the marine fishes, sharks and batoids (rays and skates) form a considerable diversity. According to De Silva, there are 60 sharks species and 30 rays and skates found around the coast of Sri Lanka.
Can you swim in the sea in Sri Lanka?
As such, the best beach to visit in Sri Lanka depends to some degree on the weather. Sri Lanka is tropical and has no distinct wet season throughout the country. Southern and western beaches generally have good weather from late July to September, but sea swimming is rarely safe at this time.
Is Sri Lanka expensive?
If you’re on a budget, Sri Lanka can still be fairly inexpensive, so long as you stick to using local transport and staying in cheap guesthouses – you can still travel by bus from one end of the island to the other for around $25, get a filling meal at local cafés for a couple of dollars, and find a decent double room
What is the coldest month in Sri Lanka?
The coldest month with respect to mean monthly temperature is generally January, and the warmest months are April and August. The mean annual temperature varies from 27°C in the coastal lowlands to 16°C at NuwaraEliya, in the central highlands (1900m above mean sea level).
What is the tourist season in Sri Lanka?
The best season to visit the west, south and Hill Country is during winter, from December to March. This is consequently the most touristic season in Sri Lanka. The southwest monsoon goes from May to September in these areas. During this period, a lot of rain is expected and the sea is rough.
Does it rain a lot in Sri Lanka?
The south-western monsoon brings rain to the south-west of Sri Lanka between May and September, while the dry season in this region runs from December to March. You will often be blessed with clear blue skies in what should be rainy season, or with torrential downpours in the middle of the dry season.