- 1 What you should know about Sri Lanka?
- 2 What are 5 interesting facts about Sri Lanka?
- 3 What is Sri Lanka known for?
- 4 What should I avoid in Sri Lanka?
- 5 Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
- 6 What is the famous food in Sri Lanka?
- 7 Why is Sri Lanka a poor country?
- 8 What makes Sri Lanka unique?
- 9 What do you wear in Sri Lanka?
- 10 Is Sri Lanka a good country to live?
- 11 How many days do you need for Sri Lanka?
- 12 Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
- 13 Is Sri Lanka cleaner than India?
- 14 Is it cheap in Sri Lanka?
What you should know about Sri Lanka?
14 Things You Should Know Before Traveling to Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka is largely safe to travel.
- Be respectful of the political past.
- Sri Lanka tourism is still developing.
- It can be expensive.
- Sri Lanka rental cars require a special driver’s license.
- Most Sri Lanka tours are done with a private driver.
What are 5 interesting facts about Sri Lanka?
15 Interesting Facts About Sri Lanka, the Land of Serendipity
- It is nicknamed Pearl of the Indian Ocean and teardrop of India.
- It’s packed with a large variety of animals.
- Tea is a big business in Sri Lanka.
- It is home of cinnamon.
- You’ll think of England in the town of Nuwara Eliya.
What is Sri Lanka known for?
Sri Lanka is famous for its rich biodiversity, large cinnamon and tea exportation, and stunning natural wonders! It’s also known as the Pearl of the Indian Ocean and has diverse cultural and religious elements across the nation.
What should I avoid in Sri Lanka?
13 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Sri Lanka, Ever
- Don’t disrespect religion.
- Don’t turn your back on a Buddha statue.
- Don’t compare Sri Lanka to India.
- Don’t get carried away in public.
- Don’t take snaps without asking first.
- Don’t try to check into a hotel with no beds.
- Don’t take ‘no’ for an answer.
Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
Other than the ban of selling alcohol on religious days and the ban of using alcohol / cigarettes on streets, parks, and other public spaces there are no restrictions to alcohol consumption in Sri Lanka.
What is the famous food in Sri Lanka?
12 foods you should try in Sri Lanka — from sour fish curry to coconut relish
- Fish ambul thiyal (sour fish curry)
- Kottu (also, kottu roti)
- Kukul mas curry (chicken curry)
- Parippu (dhal curry)
- Hoppers (appa or appam)
- Polos (green jackfruit curry)
- Wambatu moju (eggplant/brinjals pickle)
Why is Sri Lanka a poor country?
According to the World Food Programme, 22% of Sri Lankans are undernourished or malnourished which signifies that many citizens lack necessary vitamins and minerals. Climate change also negatively affects the poverty rate in Sri Lanka as severe floods and droughts threaten food security and limit access to clean water.
What makes Sri Lanka unique?
Sri Lanka is said to be the only country in the would where you can see the world’s largest land mammal, the elephant, and the largest marine mammal, the blue whale, in a single day. 11. Because of its unique shape and position to the south of India, Sri Lanka is known as the ‘ Teardrop of India’.
What do you wear in Sri Lanka?
Shorts, sundresses, and tank tops are suggested near the tourist streets. As you go on the main road try to cover up slightly more but you won’t get hassled if you wear a dress or shorts. Add a a cardigan, hoodie, or light jacket to your Sri Lanka packing list to wear for the evenings.
Is Sri Lanka a good country to live?
Sri Lanka often referred to as the ‘pearl of the Indian ocean’, is claimed by both locals and expats alike as a truly great place to live and work. A country of many facets, Sri Lanka offers a spectrum of experiences, cultures and places for those who enjoy diversity and variety.
How many days do you need for Sri Lanka?
When it comes to how long to spend in Sri Lanka, I generally advocate a duration of about two weeks. Depending on what the weather is doing during your trip, this can allow you to follow a trajectory that looks something like this: 1-2 days in Colombo. 1-2 days in Kandy.
Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
The south coast is one of Sri Lanka’s most rewarding areas to visit. Representing the island in microcosm, the region offers gorgeous beaches, colonial towns, and superb wildlife parks, as well as a host of Buddhist shrines and temples.
Is Sri Lanka cleaner than India?
3. Sri Lanka is cleaner and has a smaller population. Aside from the fact that there are 1 billion people in India, and 24 million in Sri Lanka, Sri Lankans take pride in their pearl island home. Sri Lanka has less wealth and natural resources than India, but the streets, cities and country side are so much cleaner.
Is it cheap in Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka Budget: Per day breakdown As you can see, Sri Lanka is very affordable – not as cheap as India, but you can get by on an average $30 a day, if you stay in budget accommodation and don’t take expensive tours every day.