- 1 Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
- 2 What is the most visited place in Sri Lanka?
- 3 Which coast is better in Sri Lanka?
- 4 What should I avoid in Sri Lanka?
- 5 How many days do I need in Sri Lanka?
- 6 What is the coolest place in Sri Lanka?
- 7 What is the famous food in Sri Lanka?
- 8 Is visa required for Sri Lanka?
- 9 What is the best time to visit Sri Lanka?
- 10 Does Sri Lanka have beautiful beaches?
- 11 Does Colombo have a beach?
- 12 Can you swim in the sea in Sri Lanka?
- 13 Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
- 14 Do and don’ts in Sri Lanka?
- 15 Are there sharks in Sri Lanka?
Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
The south coast is one of Sri Lanka’s most rewarding areas to visit. Representing the island in microcosm, the region offers gorgeous beaches, colonial towns, and superb wildlife parks, as well as a host of Buddhist shrines and temples.
What is the most visited place in Sri Lanka?
The most popular among the best places to visit in Sri Lanka is the Dambulla cave temple. It tops the Sri Lanka tourist destinations. The largest temple complex in Sri Lanka, its statues and paintings date back to the 12th Century AD.
Which coast is better in Sri Lanka?
Best for: A lively atmosphere, gold-sand beaches, close to the airport. Of the three Sri Lanka coastlines we feature, the west is the most developed, the busiest and the place where most people will stay for at least one night.
What should I avoid in Sri Lanka?
13 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Sri Lanka, Ever
- Don’t disrespect religion.
- Don’t turn your back on a Buddha statue.
- Don’t compare Sri Lanka to India.
- Don’t get carried away in public.
- Don’t take snaps without asking first.
- Don’t try to check into a hotel with no beds.
- Don’t take ‘no’ for an answer.
How many days do I need in Sri Lanka?
When it comes to how long to spend in Sri Lanka, I generally advocate a duration of about two weeks. Depending on what the weather is doing during your trip, this can allow you to follow a trajectory that looks something like this: 1-2 days in Colombo. 1-2 days in Kandy.
What is the coolest place in Sri Lanka?
14 Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka
- Colombo. Seema Malaka Temple, Beira Lake, Colombo.
- Kandy. Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Kandy.
- Udawalawe National Park. Family of elephants in Udawalawe National Park.
- Galle. Aerial view of Galle Fort.
- Hikkaduwa Beach.
- Galle Face Green.
- Yala National Park.
What is the famous food in Sri Lanka?
12 foods you should try in Sri Lanka — from sour fish curry to coconut relish
- Fish ambul thiyal (sour fish curry)
- Kottu (also, kottu roti)
- Kukul mas curry (chicken curry)
- Parippu (dhal curry)
- Hoppers (appa or appam)
- Polos (green jackfruit curry)
- Wambatu moju (eggplant/brinjals pickle)
Is visa required for Sri Lanka?
Travellers intending to visit Sri Lanka must have a valid visa issued by Department of Immigration & Emigration, Colombo, Sri Lanka. A Sri Lanka ETA is a complete online process and the approval for the same will be communicated via email.
What is the best time to visit Sri Lanka?
Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts as well as the Cultural Triangle is between December and April, while on the east coast the climate is at its finest from May through to October.
Does Sri Lanka have beautiful beaches?
Rapidly gaining international popularity as one of the most beautiful beach destinations in the world, the island nation of Sri Lanka offers a range of landscapes, from rainforests to endless miles of powdery, white-sand beach.
Does Colombo have a beach?
Colombo has a lot of beautiful attractions in and around offer its visitors, Beaches near colombo is one among those. Soft golden sands, shimmering waters, Palm trees lined-up will surely make the sc (Read More) Also, one can find enthralling watersports such as diving, surfing, Snorkelling, Parasailing and much more.
Can you swim in the sea in Sri Lanka?
As such, the best beach to visit in Sri Lanka depends to some degree on the weather. Sri Lanka is tropical and has no distinct wet season throughout the country. Southern and western beaches generally have good weather from late July to September, but sea swimming is rarely safe at this time.
Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
Other than the ban of selling alcohol on religious days and the ban of using alcohol / cigarettes on streets, parks, and other public spaces there are no restrictions to alcohol consumption in Sri Lanka.
Do and don’ts in Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka Travel Dos and Don’ts
- DO Try to master the local head-wobble.
- DON’T Photograph the soldiers.
- DO Keep a handkerchief in your pocket.
- DON’T Overestimate your spicy-food capacity.
- DO Take three-wheelers as much as possible.
- DON’T Underestimate the power of wildlife.
- DO Try the tea.
- DON’T Just travel the south.
Are there sharks in Sri Lanka?
Among the marine fishes, sharks and batoids (rays and skates) form a considerable diversity. According to De Silva, there are 60 sharks species and 30 rays and skates found around the coast of Sri Lanka.