- 1 Is January a good time to go to Sri Lanka?
- 2 Is Sri Lanka good in January?
- 3 Is Sri Lanka crowded in January?
- 4 What is the best area to stay in Sri Lanka?
- 5 What is the coldest month in Sri Lanka?
- 6 Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
- 7 How many days do I need in Sri Lanka?
- 8 What is the tourist season in Sri Lanka?
- 9 Is Sri Lanka expensive?
- 10 What is the rainy season in Sri Lanka?
- 11 How hot is Sri Lanka in February?
- 12 What is the best time to visit Sri Lanka?
- 13 Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
- 14 What should I not miss in Sri Lanka?
- 15 What is the best area to stay in Colombo?
Is January a good time to go to Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka’s weather in January is generally warm and dry, especially in the central, western and southern regions. If you are looking to explore the Cultural Triangle and then spend some time on the beaches of Negombo, Bentota or Tangalle, this is a great time to travel.
Is Sri Lanka good in January?
January overview January is a great month to travel in Sri Lanka, with the beaches along the southern and western coasts all experiencing plenty of sunshine and minimal rainfall throughout the month, although rainfall is expected further to the north and east, especially in coastal regions.
Is Sri Lanka crowded in January?
Crowds & Costs The good beach weather in January attracts many tourists to Sri Lanka. Although winter vacations in the Northern Hemisphere will be over by mid-January, visitors from the Southern Hemisphere are still on summer break. Booking in advance is a good idea, especially in the island’s popular beach areas.
What is the best area to stay in Sri Lanka?
Best area to stay in Sri Lanka
- Colombo: the capital of Sri Lanka and where you will most probably land.
- Galle and Matara: probably the most touristic part of Sri Lanka and for a good reason.
- Arugam Bay: on the east-south coast, the surfing place to be in Sri Lanka.
- Kandy: right in the centre.
What is the coldest month in Sri Lanka?
The coldest month with respect to mean monthly temperature is generally January, and the warmest months are April and August. The mean annual temperature varies from 27°C in the coastal lowlands to 16°C at NuwaraEliya, in the central highlands (1900m above mean sea level).
Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
Other than the ban of selling alcohol on religious days and the ban of using alcohol / cigarettes on streets, parks, and other public spaces there are no restrictions to alcohol consumption in Sri Lanka.
How many days do I need in Sri Lanka?
When it comes to how long to spend in Sri Lanka, I generally advocate a duration of about two weeks. Depending on what the weather is doing during your trip, this can allow you to follow a trajectory that looks something like this: 1-2 days in Colombo. 1-2 days in Kandy.
What is the tourist season in Sri Lanka?
The best season to visit the west, south and Hill Country is during winter, from December to March. This is consequently the most touristic season in Sri Lanka. The southwest monsoon goes from May to September in these areas. During this period, a lot of rain is expected and the sea is rough.
Is Sri Lanka expensive?
If you’re on a budget, Sri Lanka can still be fairly inexpensive, so long as you stick to using local transport and staying in cheap guesthouses – you can still travel by bus from one end of the island to the other for around $25, get a filling meal at local cafés for a couple of dollars, and find a decent double room
What is the rainy season in Sri Lanka?
The south-western monsoon brings rain to the south-west of Sri Lanka between May and September, while the dry season in this region runs from December to March.
How hot is Sri Lanka in February?
Temperatures in most of Sri Lanka stay the same year-round. In February, Colombo experiences highs of around 90°F and lows of 75°F. In Kandy, average highs are around 86°F and lows at 66°F, while at the hill station of Nuwara Eliya, highs are at 70°F with lows at 50°F.
What is the best time to visit Sri Lanka?
When is the best time to visit Sri Lanka
- In a nutshell, the best time to visit the west and south coasts and hill country is from December to March, while the best weather on the east coast is from April/May to September.
- Includes: Chilaw in the west, Galle in the south, and the capital Colombo in the south-west.
Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
The south coast is one of Sri Lanka’s most rewarding areas to visit. Representing the island in microcosm, the region offers gorgeous beaches, colonial towns, and superb wildlife parks, as well as a host of Buddhist shrines and temples.
What should I not miss in Sri Lanka?
10 Things Not to Miss in Sri Lanka
- Celebrate Sri Lankan culture in Colombo.
- Climb to the top of Adam’s Peak.
- Soak up the history in Galle.
- Check out the ruins at Sigiriya.
- Chill out on Bentota’s beaches.
- Browse the spice bazaars in Pettah.
- Tour the ruined cities of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa.
What is the best area to stay in Colombo?
One of the best areas to stay in Colombo is the Kollupitiya neighbourhood. This area has undergone recent changes, transforming from an area predominantly known for its colonial brewery, to what is now one of the most important commercial neighbourhoods in Colombo, full of restaurants, hotels, shops and street venders.