- 1 Does Sri Lanka have good surf?
- 2 When can you surf in Sri Lanka?
- 3 Which side of Sri Lanka has the best beaches?
- 4 Where is the best place to surf right now?
- 5 Is Sri Lanka open to tourists?
- 6 Can you surf in Unawatuna?
- 7 Is it safe to swim in the sea in Sri Lanka?
- 8 Where should a beginner surf?
- 9 Is it safe in Sri Lanka?
- 10 Which part of Sri Lanka is the best?
- 11 Are there sharks in Sri Lanka?
- 12 What is the best time of year to visit Sri Lanka?
- 13 What are the 3 best spots in the world to surf?
- 14 What do you do if you see a shark surfing?
Does Sri Lanka have good surf?
Sri Lanka is world-famous for surfing and has breaks suitable for all levels, so you’ll be in seventh heaven whether you’re a hardcore surfer or you’ve not yet mastered standing on a board. The country is a year-round destination because of the seasonal patterns that mean when one coast is choppy, the other is calm.
When can you surf in Sri Lanka?
When to go Sri Lanka can be divided into two seasons, November to April and May to October. During the months of November to April, the best area of the country to be surfing is the south-west coastline with Hikkaduwa being the main surf area at this time of year.
Which side of Sri Lanka has the best beaches?
The south coast is one of Sri Lanka’s most rewarding areas to visit. Representing the island in microcosm, the region offers gorgeous beaches, colonial towns, and superb wildlife parks, as well as a host of Buddhist shrines and temples.
Where is the best place to surf right now?
The 10 Best Surf Spots in the World for 2021
- Jeffreys Bay.
Is Sri Lanka open to tourists?
Travel is currently allowed to Sri Lanka, with restrictions. Fully vaccinated travellers must undergo and test on arrival and stay at a Certified Safe & Secure L1 hotel until receiving negative results of their on-arrival PCR test. Unvaccinated travellers can still enter Sri Lanka but must complete a 14-day quarantine.
Can you surf in Unawatuna?
Unawatuna surf takes you to a chilled and well -developed tourist town just south of Galle. A mellow beach for beginners combines with a few faster reefs for improvers in the surrounding area.
Is it safe to swim in the sea in Sri Lanka?
The sea is generally safe for swimming during the January to March period and in sheltered parts outside of that time. Advice must always be sought, though. The nearby beaches of Unawatuna, Thalpe and Wijiya have a range of excellent accommodation and good beachside places to eat.
Where should a beginner surf?
The best place to be is on the outside, where the waves are breaking, or on the inside shoulder (to the side). Line yourself up with the landmark and repeatedly check-in to make sure you’re in the right spot. To avoid more slips than necessary as a beginner surfer, wax your board before every session.
Is it safe in Sri Lanka?
You could encounter violent crime in Sri Lanka, including sexual assault and robbery. Pickpocketing, bag snatching and other petty crime are risks. Be careful of theft in crowds, and in these locations: markets.
Which part of Sri Lanka is the best?
Best area to stay in Sri Lanka
- Colombo: the capital of Sri Lanka and where you will most probably land.
- Galle and Matara: probably the most touristic part of Sri Lanka and for a good reason.
- Arugam Bay: on the east-south coast, the surfing place to be in Sri Lanka.
- Kandy: right in the centre.
Are there sharks in Sri Lanka?
Among the marine fishes, sharks and batoids (rays and skates) form a considerable diversity. According to De Silva, there are 60 sharks species and 30 rays and skates found around the coast of Sri Lanka.
What is the best time of year to visit Sri Lanka?
Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts as well as the Cultural Triangle is between December and April, while on the east coast the climate is at its finest from May through to October.
What are the 3 best spots in the world to surf?
World’s 50 best surf spots
- Pipeline, Oahu, Hawaii.
- Supertubes, Jeffrey’s Bay, South Africa.
- Teahupo’o, Tahiti, French Polynesia.
- Uluwatu and Kuta, Bali, Indonesia.
- P-Pass, Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia.
- Maverick’s, California.
- Hossegor, France.
- Puerto Escondido, Southern Oaxaca, Mexico.
What do you do if you see a shark surfing?
If you do see a shark when you’re surfing, please exit the water immediately. You don’t need to thrash around and panic, but if you do see a dorsal or you hear somebody say that they saw a shark, you should leave the area. And I would recommend that you leave that area for a minimum of two days.