- 1 How should I dress in Sri Lanka?
- 2 What do girls wear in Sri Lanka?
- 3 What is the famous dress of Sri Lanka?
- 4 What should I avoid in Sri Lanka?
- 5 Is it safe to drink water in Sri Lanka?
- 6 How many days do you need for Sri Lanka?
- 7 What is the famous food in Sri Lanka?
- 8 Which language is spoken in Sri Lanka?
- 9 Can you buy alcohol in Sri Lanka?
- 10 What is the religion of Sri Lanka?
- 11 What is the currency of Sri Lanka called?
- 12 Are there sharks in Sri Lanka?
- 13 What is the best month to visit Sri Lanka?
How should I dress in Sri Lanka?
For women, loose cotton skirts or trousers and tops, and a long dress or skirt. For men cotton trousers or shorts and a T-shirt, or even the traditional sarong. Some warm clothes are recommended if you are heading for the hilly regions, where the evenings tend to get chilly.
What do girls wear in Sri Lanka?
Sarees are the usual attire for women in Sri Lanka. Some wear a saree on a daily basis, out of choice, or because their work uniform calls for a saree. School teachers and office women wear sarees, as well as tea pluckers when it is their custom.
What is the famous dress of Sri Lanka?
Saree – Traditional Dress of Sri Lankan Female The traditional Kandyan saree (osaria) is the popular attire in Sri Lanka and is worn by women for all ranges of events. Some wear a saree on a daily basis, or because their work uniform calls for a saree.
What should I avoid in Sri Lanka?
13 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Sri Lanka, Ever
- Don’t disrespect religion.
- Don’t turn your back on a Buddha statue.
- Don’t compare Sri Lanka to India.
- Don’t get carried away in public.
- Don’t take snaps without asking first.
- Don’t try to check into a hotel with no beds.
- Don’t take ‘no’ for an answer.
Is it safe to drink water in Sri Lanka?
Avoid drinking tap water in Sri Lanka. Although it’s generally chlorinated and safe to drink, the unfamiliar micro-organisms it contains (compared with what you’re used to at home) can easily precipitate a stomach upset. Also avoid ice, unless you’re sure that it’s been made with boiled or purified water.
How many days do you need for Sri Lanka?
When it comes to how long to spend in Sri Lanka, I generally advocate a duration of about two weeks. Depending on what the weather is doing during your trip, this can allow you to follow a trajectory that looks something like this: 1-2 days in Colombo. 1-2 days in Kandy.
What is the famous food in Sri Lanka?
12 foods you should try in Sri Lanka — from sour fish curry to coconut relish
- Fish ambul thiyal (sour fish curry)
- Kottu (also, kottu roti)
- Kukul mas curry (chicken curry)
- Parippu (dhal curry)
- Hoppers (appa or appam)
- Polos (green jackfruit curry)
- Wambatu moju (eggplant/brinjals pickle)
Which language is spoken in Sri Lanka?
Sinhalese language, also spelled Singhalese or Cingalese, also called Sinhala, Indo-Aryan language, one of the two official languages of Sri Lanka.
Can you buy alcohol in Sri Lanka?
Females and males both can freely purchase alcohol in Sri Lanka. A ban on alcohol is imposed in Buddhist holy days (Poya).
What is the religion of Sri Lanka?
Buddhism is the largest religion of Sri Lanka with 70.2% of the population practicing the religion; then, there are Hindus with 12.6%; Muslims with 9.7% and Christians with 7.4%. The census indicates that most Muslims are Sunni while the Christians are mainly Roman Catholic.
What is the currency of Sri Lanka called?
Sri Lankan rupee
Are there sharks in Sri Lanka?
Among the marine fishes, sharks and batoids (rays and skates) form a considerable diversity. According to De Silva, there are 60 sharks species and 30 rays and skates found around the coast of Sri Lanka.
What is the best month to visit Sri Lanka?
Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts as well as the Cultural Triangle is between December and April, while on the east coast the climate is at its finest from May through to October.