- 1 How can I certify a document in Sri Lanka?
- 2 How can I get ownership certificate in Sri Lanka?
- 3 Who can attest an affidavit in Sri Lanka?
- 4 Who can certify as a true copy?
- 5 How do I certify my degree certificate?
- 6 Can a deed of gift be revoked in Sri Lanka?
- 7 What is an ownership certificate?
- 8 How do I register my land online?
- 9 What is the format of affidavit?
- 10 What is one and same person affidavit?
- 11 How do I get power of attorney in Sri Lanka?
- 12 How do I certify a true copy?
- 13 Can I certify my own documents?
- 14 How do I get a certified copy?
How can I certify a document in Sri Lanka?
Attestations/ Certification of Documents
- The applicant should be a Sri Lankan citizen, or a dual citizen.
- Applicants may sign only before the Officials of Consulate and Applicants are not required to bring witnesses. Officials of the Consulate General will sign the document as witnesses.
How can I get ownership certificate in Sri Lanka?
Certificate of ownership will be sent to the Notary Public under registered cover and if the owner wishes to obtain the certificate from this Department directly, a letter certifying the signature of the owner obtained from the relevant Notary public should be forwarded.
Who can attest an affidavit in Sri Lanka?
Only Affidavit or Power of Attorney declared or signed by Sri Lankan citizen or Sri Lanka Corporate Citizen will accept for attestation. Sri Lanka Corporate citizen should produce supporting documents to prove such information.
Who can certify as a true copy?
An accountant (member of a recognised professional accounting body or a Registered Tax Agent). A person listed on the roll of the Supreme Court of a State or Territory or the High Court of Australia as a legal practitioner. A barrister, solicitor or patent attorney.
How do I certify my degree certificate?
To certify a document, you need to take the copy of the document and the original and ask the person to certify the copy by:
- Writing ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen my me’ on the document.
- Signing it and dating it.
- Printing their name under the signature.
Can a deed of gift be revoked in Sri Lanka?
An irrevocable deed of gift may be revoked on the ground on gross ingratitude by an order of a competent court.
What is an ownership certificate?
What are ownership certificates? Ownership certificates are issued to the owners of a company to formally document their ownership of the company. Types of ownership certificates include: Stock certificates. Stock certificates are issued to a corporation’s shareholders to designate their ownership.
How do I register my land online?
Process for Property Registration online
- step1. Application: Fill information as per act on LegalDocs website to create a draft.
- step2. Printing: Printing of the draft on stamp paper and signing of parties involved.
What is the format of affidavit?
I ____ (Applicant Name as per id proof), residing at _______(Address as per address proof) do solemnly affirm and stated as under: I am _____ and my name _______, appearing on the enclosed ID proof, is single name. My father’s name is ________________.
What is one and same person affidavit?
What is One and the Same Person Affidavit? One and the Same person Affidavit is used when the person is having different Names at various Documents and he/she want some proof in order to submit that all the Names belong to One and the Same person and reason behind different Names.
How do I get power of attorney in Sri Lanka?
Registration of a Power of Attorney
- Any person can register a Power of Attorney to assign permission to another person residing in Sri Lanka to act on behalf of the applicant as an agent(legal).
- All documents should be submitted to the Head office or Zonal office.
How do I certify a true copy?
For a lawyer or solicitor to certify a document as a true copy, the document holder must appear personally before them and provide a valid form of identification, such as a passport or identity document which you want to get attested as a true copy.
Can I certify my own documents?
You cannot witness or certify a document for yourself.
How do I get a certified copy?
How Do I Certify A Copy Of A Document?
- The document’s custodian requests a certified copy.
- The Notary compares the original and the copy.
- The Notary certifies that the copy is accurate.