- 1 How can we prevent dengue in Sri Lanka?
- 2 What is the best way to avoid dengue?
- 3 How can I prevent dengue at home?
- 4 What should not be eaten in dengue?
- 5 Is dengue fever in Sri Lanka?
- 6 What should we eat in dengue?
- 7 How does a dengue bite look like?
- 8 How do you beat dengue?
- 9 Can dengue be cured in 2 days?
- 10 Is there a vaccine for dengue fever?
- 11 What is the main cause of dengue fever?
- 12 What is the best treatment for dengue fever?
- 13 How can we build immunity to dengue?
- 14 How long will dengue last?
How can we prevent dengue in Sri Lanka?
Wearing clothes that cover the body and minimizes exposure to mosquito bites; Mosquito repellents; Mosquito nets; Installing net screens on doors and windows.
What is the best way to avoid dengue?
Use insect repellent, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants, and control mosquitoes inside and outside your home. Each year, an estimated 400 million people are infected with dengue virus.
How can I prevent dengue at home?
- Use insecticide sprays in dark corners (under the bed, sofa and behind curtains) and burn repellent oils inside your home.
- Turn over all water storage containers when empty and store them under a shelter.
- Cover bamboo pole holders when not in use.
What should not be eaten in dengue?
Some foods are the worst for dengue fever. You need to avoid some foods to keep the progress of your treatment under control. Some of the foods you must avoid include- oily and fried foods, caffeine, carbonated drinks, spicy food and foods high in fats.
Is dengue fever in Sri Lanka?
In 2017, Sri Lanka reported 186,101 dengue cases and 440 deaths (case fatality rate 0.24%), the highest number of cases reported in one year since dengue was incorporated into the integrated disease surveillance system as a notifiable disease in 1996 .
What should we eat in dengue?
Fruit and Vegetable Juices- Carrots, leafy greens, and cucumbers are excellent for curing dengue symptoms. They contain essential vitamins and minerals to boost the immunity of patients. Coconut- Dengue may result in dehydration.
How does a dengue bite look like?
They usually bite you on the ankles and elbows. The only way to differentiate between a dengue mosquito bite and a normal mosquito bite is that that a dengue mosquito bite is much redder and itchy compared to a normal mosquito bite.
How do you beat dengue?
Dengue is a virus, so there is no specific treatment or cure. However, intervention can help, depending on how severe the disease is. For milder forms, treatment includes: Preventing dehydration: A high fever and vomiting can dehydrate the body.
Can dengue be cured in 2 days?
Most patients suffering from dengue fever recover within two weeks. Dengue is a mosquito-borne chronic disease that is widespread in India.
Is there a vaccine for dengue fever?
Dengue Vaccine Globally A vaccine to prevent dengue ( Dengvaxia® ) is licensed and available in some countries for people aged 9 to 45 years. The World Health Organization recommends that the vaccine only be given to persons with confirmed previous dengue virus infection.
What is the main cause of dengue fever?
Dengue fever is transmitted by the bite of an Aedes mosquito infected with a dengue virus. The mosquito becomes infected when it bites a person with dengue virus in their blood. It can’t be spread directly from one person to another person.
What is the best treatment for dengue fever?
Treatment. There is no specific treatment for dengue fever. Fever reducers and pain killers can be taken to control the symptoms of muscle aches and pains, and fever. The best options to treat these symptoms are acetaminophen or paracetamol.
How can we build immunity to dengue?
Dengue fever prevention: Immunity boosting foods
- Citrus foods. Citrus foods are rich in vitamin C which helps in building strong immunity.
- Garlic. Garlic adds a strong taste to the food.
- Yogurt. Yogurt is a strong probiotic which stimulates the functioning of the immune system.
How long will dengue last?
Symptoms of dengue typically last 2–7 days. Most people will recover after about a week.