- 1 Is it worth visiting Ella Sri Lanka?
- 2 How many days are enough for Sri Lanka?
- 3 What is there to do in Ella at night?
- 4 Is 10 days enough in Sri Lanka?
- 5 Is Kandy or Ella better?
- 6 Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
- 7 What is the best month to visit Sri Lanka?
- 8 Is Colombo worth visiting?
- 9 What is special in Ella?
- 10 Is Ella Rock Hard to climb?
- 11 What is the best train ride in Sri Lanka?
- 12 How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Sri Lanka?
- 13 Is Sri Lanka cheaper than Bali?
Is it worth visiting Ella Sri Lanka?
Set in a picturesque mountain landscape dotted with tea fields, Ella is a must-visit destination for travelers to Sri Lanka. It’s a good add-on destination for travelers who want to take a break from sand and sun for a couple of days, or who are coming from or going to one of Sri Lanka’s safari destinations.
How many days are enough for Sri Lanka?
When it comes to how long to spend in Sri Lanka, I generally advocate a duration of about two weeks. Depending on what the weather is doing during your trip, this can allow you to follow a trajectory that looks something like this: 1-2 days in Colombo. 1-2 days in Kandy.
What is there to do in Ella at night?
7 Awesome Things To Do in Ella, Sri Lanka
- Climb up Little Adam’s peak.
- Walk along the rails on the Nine Arch Bridge in Ella.
- Endless Tea Field Views at Lipton’s Seat.
- Swim at Diyaluma Falls, 2nd highest waterfall in Sri Lanka.
- Join a cooking class at Ella Spice Garden.
- Get a fresh shower at the Ravana Fall.
Is 10 days enough in Sri Lanka?
You could easily spend a couple of days here visiting all the places of interest, but if you only have 10 days in Sri Lanka, spending one day would probably be a good option.
Is Kandy or Ella better?
Is Kandy or Ella better? We preferred Ella. It is a quieter town in the Hill Country with a lot more to do. Kandy isn’t a bad place to visit, but it is a lot more congested and didn’t quite have the start attractions that Ella did.
Which side of Sri Lanka is best?
The south coast is one of Sri Lanka’s most rewarding areas to visit. Representing the island in microcosm, the region offers gorgeous beaches, colonial towns, and superb wildlife parks, as well as a host of Buddhist shrines and temples.
What is the best month to visit Sri Lanka?
Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts as well as the Cultural Triangle is between December and April, while on the east coast the climate is at its finest from May through to October.
Is Colombo worth visiting?
Colombo is well worth a visit for a day or two if you are heading to Sri Lanka, although I must admit that it is not the highlight of Sri Lanka in our opinion.
What is special in Ella?
Top Attractions in Ella
- Little Adam’s Peak. 5,479. Mountains.
- Nine Arches Bridge. 2,674. Points of Interest & Landmarks • Bridges.
- Ella Rock. 2,001. Geologic Formations.
- Ella Spice Garden. 556. Gardens.
- Ravana Ella Falls. 2,107. Waterfalls.
- Demodara Loop. 134.
- Nature Trail Ella. Hiking Trails.
- Ravana’s Cave. 211.
Is Ella Rock Hard to climb?
Climb is hard, but worth it Soon after you pass the Kithal Ella station, there is an entrance to your left with a bench, do not take that one. Take the 2nd left turn after Kitha-Ella train station. Then cross the bridge over the river. The map here will be helpful, and described the route correctly.
What is the best train ride in Sri Lanka?
In the heart of Sri Lanka, you’ll find one of the world’s most scenic train trips. The train from Kandy to Ella is a beautiful 7-hour ride through lush tea plantations, rolling rice fields, and endless mountain views. Incredibly, it’s also one of the world’s best travel bargains—the entire journey costs just 73 cents.
How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Sri Lanka?
So, a trip to Sri Lanka for two people costs around LKR93,776 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs LKR187,551 in Sri Lanka. If you’re traveling as a family of three or four people, the price person often goes down because kid’s tickets are cheaper and hotel rooms can be shared.
Is Sri Lanka cheaper than Bali?
Sri Lanka or Bali: which one is cheaper? The best destination for a cheap holiday. If you’re on a budget and looking for a very affordable destination, head to Sri Lanka. However, if you compare the prices in Bali with the prices in NYC, Sydney or London, well, then, of course, Bali is still pretty affordable.