- 1 What is the best area to stay in Sri Lanka?
- 2 Which side of Sri Lanka has the best beaches?
- 3 What should I avoid in Sri Lanka?
- 4 Is Sri Lanka expensive to visit?
- 5 Is it safe to swim in the sea in Sri Lanka?
- 6 What is the rainy season in Sri Lanka?
- 7 Are there sharks in Sri Lanka waters?
- 8 What is the best time of year to visit Sri Lanka?
- 9 Does Colombo have a beach?
- 10 Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
- 11 Do and don’ts in Sri Lanka?
- 12 What is the most famous food in Sri Lanka?
- 13 Is Sri Lanka more expensive than Thailand?
- 14 How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Sri Lanka?
What is the best area to stay in Sri Lanka?
Best area to stay in Sri Lanka
- Colombo: the capital of Sri Lanka and where you will most probably land.
- Galle and Matara: probably the most touristic part of Sri Lanka and for a good reason.
- Arugam Bay: on the east-south coast, the surfing place to be in Sri Lanka.
- Kandy: right in the centre.
Which side of Sri Lanka has the best beaches?
The south coast is one of Sri Lanka’s most rewarding areas to visit. Representing the island in microcosm, the region offers gorgeous beaches, colonial towns, and superb wildlife parks, as well as a host of Buddhist shrines and temples.
What should I avoid in Sri Lanka?
13 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Sri Lanka, Ever
- Don’t disrespect religion.
- Don’t turn your back on a Buddha statue.
- Don’t compare Sri Lanka to India.
- Don’t get carried away in public.
- Don’t take snaps without asking first.
- Don’t try to check into a hotel with no beds.
- Don’t take ‘no’ for an answer.
Is Sri Lanka expensive to visit?
As you can see, Sri Lanka is very affordable – not as cheap as India, but you can get by on an average $30 a day, if you stay in budget accommodation and don’t take expensive tours every day.
Is it safe to swim in the sea in Sri Lanka?
The sea is generally safe for swimming during the January to March period and in sheltered parts outside of that time. Advice must always be sought, though. The nearby beaches of Unawatuna, Thalpe and Wijiya have a range of excellent accommodation and good beachside places to eat.
What is the rainy season in Sri Lanka?
The south-western monsoon brings rain to the south-west of Sri Lanka between May and September, while the dry season in this region runs from December to March.
Are there sharks in Sri Lanka waters?
Among the marine fishes, sharks and batoids (rays and skates) form a considerable diversity. According to De Silva, there are 60 sharks species and 30 rays and skates found around the coast of Sri Lanka.
What is the best time of year to visit Sri Lanka?
Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts as well as the Cultural Triangle is between December and April, while on the east coast the climate is at its finest from May through to October.
Does Colombo have a beach?
Colombo has a lot of beautiful attractions in and around offer its visitors, Beaches near colombo is one among those. Soft golden sands, shimmering waters, Palm trees lined-up will surely make the sc (Read More) Also, one can find enthralling watersports such as diving, surfing, Snorkelling, Parasailing and much more.
Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
Other than the ban of selling alcohol on religious days and the ban of using alcohol / cigarettes on streets, parks, and other public spaces there are no restrictions to alcohol consumption in Sri Lanka.
Do and don’ts in Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka Travel Dos and Don’ts
- DO Try to master the local head-wobble.
- DON’T Photograph the soldiers.
- DO Keep a handkerchief in your pocket.
- DON’T Overestimate your spicy-food capacity.
- DO Take three-wheelers as much as possible.
- DON’T Underestimate the power of wildlife.
- DO Try the tea.
- DON’T Just travel the south.
What is the most famous food in Sri Lanka?
12 foods you should try in Sri Lanka — from sour fish curry to coconut relish
- Fish ambul thiyal (sour fish curry)
- Kottu (also, kottu roti)
- Kukul mas curry (chicken curry)
- Parippu (dhal curry)
- Hoppers (appa or appam)
- Polos (green jackfruit curry)
- Wambatu moju (eggplant/brinjals pickle)
Is Sri Lanka more expensive than Thailand?
Sri Lanka is 45.2% cheaper than Thailand.
How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Sri Lanka?
So, a trip to Sri Lanka for two people costs around LKR93,776 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs LKR187,551 in Sri Lanka. If you’re traveling as a family of three or four people, the price person often goes down because kid’s tickets are cheaper and hotel rooms can be shared.