- 1 Why is Ella famous?
- 2 What is Ella Sri Lanka known for?
- 3 Is Ella Sri Lanka worth visiting?
- 4 What is special in Ella?
- 5 How long is the train ride from Kandy to Ella?
- 6 How do you take Ella?
- 7 How do you climb Ella Rock?
- 8 How do I get from Ella to Colombo?
- 9 What is there to do in Ella at night?
- 10 How many days do you need in Ella Sri Lanka?
Why is Ella famous?
Ella is a favourite among day hikers and more experienced trekkers alike. The two famous treks in the area are Little Adam’s Peak and Ella Rock, not to mention Ravana Falls and other famous waterfalls in the area.
What is Ella Sri Lanka known for?
Winding through misty forests, verdant tea plantations; over gushing waterfalls and streams, and past colourful towns and excitable locals, this is, in our opinion, the most picturesque train ride in the world. But it’s not just the scenery that makes this train ride so incredible. It’s also the vibe.
Is Ella Sri Lanka worth visiting?
Set in a picturesque mountain landscape dotted with tea fields, Ella is a must-visit destination for travelers to Sri Lanka. It’s a good add-on destination for travelers who want to take a break from sand and sun for a couple of days, or who are coming from or going to one of Sri Lanka’s safari destinations.
What is special in Ella?
Top Attractions in Ella
- Little Adam’s Peak. 5,479. Mountains.
- Nine Arches Bridge. 2,674. Points of Interest & Landmarks • Bridges.
- Ella Rock. 2,001. Geologic Formations.
- Ella Spice Garden. 556. Gardens.
- Ravana Ella Falls. 2,107. Waterfalls.
- Demodara Loop. 134.
- Nature Trail Ella. Hiking Trails.
- Ravana’s Cave. 211.
How long is the train ride from Kandy to Ella?
The Kandy to Ella train actually starts in Colombo, but the highlights are the journey from Kandy to Ella and takes about 9-10 hours in total (the timetables will try to tell you that it is a 6 hour journey!). It stops at Hill Country towns like Nuwara Eliya and Haputale, places we highly recommend visiting.
How do you take Ella?
Take 1 tablet by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor as soon as possible after unprotected sex. This medication works best when it is taken within 120 hours (5 days) after unprotected sex. If you vomit within 3 hours of taking this medication, contact your doctor to ask if you need to repeat the dose.
How do you climb Ella Rock?
The hike to Ella Rock step-by-step
- Walk from Ella Town to the railway station.
- Continue straight to Kithaella train station.
- Take the 2nd turning after Kithaella train station.
- Take the path going upwards.
- Hike through the forest of Eucalyptus trees.
- Enjoy the views!
- Go back down!
How do I get from Ella to Colombo?
The train ride from Colombo to Ella takes about 11 hours roughly. Approx. 1.4 km from the Bandaranaike International Airport, there’s the Katunayake Airport Bus Station where a bus leaves for the Colombo Bastian Mawatha Terminal every half hour and takes about 45 minutes to reach there.
What is there to do in Ella at night?
7 Awesome Things To Do in Ella, Sri Lanka
- Climb up Little Adam’s peak.
- Walk along the rails on the Nine Arch Bridge in Ella.
- Endless Tea Field Views at Lipton’s Seat.
- Swim at Diyaluma Falls, 2nd highest waterfall in Sri Lanka.
- Join a cooking class at Ella Spice Garden.
- Get a fresh shower at the Ravana Fall.
How many days do you need in Ella Sri Lanka?
Wondering how many days to stay in Ella? In my opinion, you really don’t need more than 2 to 3 nights in Ella. It is a very small town and you can easily move onto other parts of Sri Lanka after just a few days – keep reading for suggestions of where to go after Ella.