- 1 Is Colombo Sri Lanka worth visiting?
- 2 What is famous in Colombo?
- 3 How do I spend a day in Colombo?
- 4 What should I not miss in Sri Lanka?
- 5 How many days are enough for Sri Lanka?
- 6 Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
- 7 Is Colombo safe?
- 8 Is Sri Lanka cheaper than India?
- 9 Which is the best area to stay in Colombo?
- 10 Why is Colombo famous?
- 11 What’s the best time to visit Sri Lanka?
- 12 What is there to do in Colombo at night?
- 13 What is special in Sri Lanka?
- 14 What is the best area to stay in Sri Lanka?
- 15 Which thing is famous in Sri Lanka?
Is Colombo Sri Lanka worth visiting?
Colombo is well worth a visit for a day or two if you are heading to Sri Lanka, although I must admit that it is not the highlight of Sri Lanka in our opinion.
What is famous in Colombo?
16 Best Places to Visit in Colombo
- Lotus Tower. Lotus Tower, Colombo.
- National Museum of Colombo. National Museum of Colombo.
- Sri Lanka Planetarium.
- Viharamahadevi Park.
- National Zoological Gardens of Sri Lanka.
- Nelum Pokuna Mahinda Rajapaksa Theatre.
- Mount Lavinia Beach.
- National Museum of Natural History.
How do I spend a day in Colombo?
One day in Colombo Itinerary
- Enjoy the city’s street life. Despite its new contemporary veneer, authentic street life is still easy to find.
- Stop for a tasty lunch.
- Check out some Buddhist beauties.
- Spend an evening on Galle Face Green.
- Go on a dinner date.
- Cool down at a roof-top bar.
- Sigiriya and Dambulla.
What should I not miss in Sri Lanka?
10 Things Not to Miss in Sri Lanka
- Celebrate Sri Lankan culture in Colombo.
- Climb to the top of Adam’s Peak.
- Soak up the history in Galle.
- Check out the ruins at Sigiriya.
- Chill out on Bentota’s beaches.
- Browse the spice bazaars in Pettah.
- Tour the ruined cities of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa.
How many days are enough for Sri Lanka?
When it comes to how long to spend in Sri Lanka, I generally advocate a duration of about two weeks. Depending on what the weather is doing during your trip, this can allow you to follow a trajectory that looks something like this: 1-2 days in Colombo. 1-2 days in Kandy.
Can you drink alcohol in Sri Lanka?
Other than the ban of selling alcohol on religious days and the ban of using alcohol / cigarettes on streets, parks, and other public spaces there are no restrictions to alcohol consumption in Sri Lanka.
Is Colombo safe?
Colombo is generally considered a fairly safe city. However, problems with corruption and bribery, petty thefts and robberies are still a problem here. In recent years, the situation has even worsened. But this does not stop travelers from coming here to enjoy the local flavor.
Is Sri Lanka cheaper than India?
India is 11.2% more expensive than Sri Lanka.
Which is the best area to stay in Colombo?
One of the best areas to stay in Colombo is the Kollupitiya neighbourhood. This area has undergone recent changes, transforming from an area predominantly known for its colonial brewery, to what is now one of the most important commercial neighbourhoods in Colombo, full of restaurants, hotels, shops and street venders.
Why is Colombo famous?
Colombo is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern life, colonial buildings and monuments. Due to its large harbour and its strategic position along the East–West sea trade routes, Colombo was known to ancient traders 2,000 years ago.
What’s the best time to visit Sri Lanka?
Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts as well as the Cultural Triangle is between December and April, while on the east coast the climate is at its finest from May through to October.
What is there to do in Colombo at night?
Top Attractions in Colombo
- Gangaramaya (Vihara) Buddhist Temple. 3,085. Religious Sites.
- Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara. 617. Points of Interest & Landmarks.
- Mount Lavinia Beach. 1,510. Beaches.
- Colombo National Museum. 1,323.
- Viharamahadevi Park. 704.
- Jami Ul-Alfar Mosque. 428.
- Independence Square. 828.
- Dutch Hospital Shopping Precinct. 949.
What is special in Sri Lanka?
10 Unique Facts About Sri Lanka
- 1 – Pearl of the Indian Ocean & Teardrop of India. Sri Lanka has two names that it’s also known as.
- 2 – The Sri Lankan head “waggle”
- 3 – Sri Lankan national sport.
- 4 – Sri Lanka’s largest export?
- 5 – Adam’s Peak.
- 6 – Hydropower.
- 7 – Cinnamon’s origins.
- 8 – Universities.
What is the best area to stay in Sri Lanka?
Best area to stay in Sri Lanka
- Colombo: the capital of Sri Lanka and where you will most probably land.
- Galle and Matara: probably the most touristic part of Sri Lanka and for a good reason.
- Arugam Bay: on the east-south coast, the surfing place to be in Sri Lanka.
- Kandy: right in the centre.
Which thing is famous in Sri Lanka?
Top 11 things to buy in Sri Lanka (besides elephant themed items)
- Tea. Sri Lanka, or Ceylon as it was once called, is one of the world’s major tea producing countries.
- Traditional masks.
- Coconut shell kitchen utensils.
- Batik items.
- Gems and jewellery.
- Ayurvedic products.
- Sarees and sarongs.